Download the Legal Aid Application Form here.
Legal Aid ACT’s Response to Corona-virus (COVID-19)
The health and safety of Legal Aid’s staff and clients is our priority in the current health emergency. Legal Aid is considered an essential service. We remain open during the lockdown (from 5.00pm Thursday 12 August 2021) by phone. Please call our Helpline on 1300 654 314 if you need legal help.
Legal Aid ACT is currently following the ACT Government recommendations in regards to social distancing and this may mean changes in the way we deliver our services to you including:
- Making telephone appointments with your lawyer.
- Limiting face to face conferences with your lawyer and other staff.
- If face to face conferences are required with your lawyer, your lawyer may limit the amount of people in your conference.
- Changing the way you attend Court – your lawyer will discuss appropriate arrangements with you.
Call your lawyer if you have a face-to-face appointment scheduled with your Legal Aid lawyer during the lockdown period from 5.00pm Thursday 12 August 2021.
If you need advice about seeking protection through a Family Violence Order or Personal Protection Order during lockdown, please contact our Helpline on 1300 654 314.
If you have been exposed to someone who has coronavirus or feel unwell please do not approach reception and call the Helpline on 1300 654 314 or email on Legalaid@legalaidact.org.au us so we can determine the best way to assist you.
Read our COVID-19 lockdown factsheets for ACT:
- You can access our general ACT factsheet by clicking this link.
- You can access our Family Law lockdown Q&A factsheet by clicking this link.
- You can view our COVID-19 'Remote Appearances in Family Violence Orders' Video by clicking this link
- You can view our COVID-19 and Parenting: Video Q&A with a lawyer by clicking this link
- You can view our COVID-19 and Employment Law: Video Q&A with a lawyer by clicking this link
- You can access our COVID-19 and Tenancy Law factsheet by clicking this link
How can we help you today?
Call the Legal Aid information helpline: 1300 654 314
Call the Tenancy Advice Service: 1300 402 512
Older Persons ACT Legal Service (OPALS): (02) 6243 3436
Youth Law Centre: (02) 6173 5410